Hearing aids and water just don’t mix, but water is a big part of summer fun. So how can you protect your hearing aids while still have fun in the great outdoors? We have all the answers you need to ensure that you don’t miss out on any summer fun when you plan ahead and follow our tips for protecting your hearing aids.
Tips for Protecting Your Hearing Aids
The key to protecting your hearing aids this summer is to plan ahead so that you never get stuck in a bind where they might be left in a position to get wet. In addition, keep the instructions that came with your hearing aids handy so that you can always refer to them if you have a question. Here are 10 tips for protecting your hearing aids from getting wet this summer.
- Find out what water rating your hearing aids have. Be sure to understand the difference between waterproof and water-resistant hearing aids.
- Carry a protective sleeve if your hearing aids are not water-resistant or waterproof.
- Do not leave your hearing aids in your car or out in the heat.
- Whenever you take your hearing aids off, dry them off or clean them off and let them dry out for a bit, if needed.
- Clean them daily with a dry, soft cloth.
- Store them in a dryer or dehumidifier overnight to remove any excess moisture.
- Give your hearing aids a break from long summer days. Consider finding some time, to take them out, clean them, and turn them off for a just short break.
- If you are traveling this summer, remember to bring your cleaning and storage supplies with you along with your connected devices and charger.
- Remember to keep hearing aids away from sunscreen and any other chemicals, hair products, or cleaning solvents. Even waterproof hearing aids cannot come into contact with any of these chemicals.
- Schedule regular hearing aid maintenance check ups with us to make sure your hearing aids continue to perform optimally.
Your hearing aids are a big investment, so you want to protect them and still use them to hear during all of your activities this summer. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions about protecting your hearing aids this summer.
Hearing Help Associates, Helping New Yorkers Hear Well Again
At Hearing Help Associates, we are always here to help you through all aspects of your hearing health. If you have any questions about hearing loss or hearing aids, please contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our hearing professionals today.