This time of the year when we count our blessings and think about what we are thankful for, good hearing and hearing aids certainly top the list for anyone who has experienced a hearing impairment. However, there are more benefits from hearing aids beyond better hearing. Here are 5 reasons to be thankful for your hearing aids.
- Cutting-edge hearing aid technology. The high tech hearing aids of today allow you to connect to the world around you. The hearing aids available now are sophisticated pieces of technology. We describe them as mini computers that are professionally calibrated to your hearing needs.
- Better communication with loved ones. This is a benefit of hearing aids that people with hearing loss generally won’t realize until they begin hearing better again. During the holidays, what can be better than communicating better with your family and friends?
- Increased earning potential. The Better Hearing Institute has done research on the correlation between hearing loss and earning potential. Their study results show that untreated hearing loss can reduce annual earnings by as much as $30,000. However, when hearing aids are implemented the risk of decreased earnings was reduced up to 90%.
- Less tired feeling. People who suffer from hearing loss can also often experience listening fatigue. Since hearing is a process of the brain, when your ears do not hear well, your brain has to work harder to try to process and translate the sounds. This can often lead to always feeling tired; but hearing aids eliminate listening fatigue.
- Feeling more secure and independent. Once hearing aids are part of your life, you almost immediately realize how you can become independent again. The feeling of confidence is pretty indescribable when you no longer have to look for your “translators” to help you understand what is being said all the time.
Hearing Help Associates, Helping New Yorkers Hear Well Again
At Hearing Help Associates, we are always here to help you through all aspects of your hearing health. If you have any questions about hearing loss or hearing aids, please contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our hearing professionals today. We have 6 convenient audiology clinic locations for you in Long Island, NY: Babylon, Bayside, Bellmore, Great Neck, Jericho, and Rockville.